This time we bring you again a really easy and delicious recipe - it always turns out beautifully and will delight all your guests.
We adapted the recipe from Jamie Oliver's just to add a bit more spices - we love spices - and it turned out fantastic. Quick important tip: make sure to add the anise seeds while the sugar is caramelizing with the butter, this will ensure an amazing flavour and aromatic layers to the final dish.
This tarte tatin was made using a heavy iron skillet, and we think it works amazingly well to keep the temperature on - besides, since we used store bought puff pastry it can be ready in no time.
Ideal for a brunch or for sharing over a glass of wine with friends in a Sunday afternoon, don't forget to share!
4 Pears, peeled and chopped in halves
1/2 cup Amaretto
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, in cubes
The peel of 1/2 orange
1 tbsp. Anise Seeds
1/2 cups Almonds
1 Puff Pastry Sheet (store bought)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Soak pears in Amaretto and anise seeds for 10 minutes.
3. Add the sugar to an iron skillet and heat at medium until it starts to brown, quickly add the butter and remove from the fire - let it melt completely and avoid stirring.
4. Return to skillet to the stove and arrange the pears and juices. Add the almonds and cover with the puff pastry, tucking it in the borders.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Turn it over, slice and serve warm with caster sugar.