We recently purchased Jamie Oliver's Comfort Food and spent such a happy weekend inside, in the warm and cozy living room while reading - but of course we weren't going to just sit and read: we had to get our hands busy! So we decided to start with the Tomato Beans - we did some modifications though, because we were looking for a complete meal, so decided to add some pork chops and voilá! A full and delicious meal!
It's indeed an awesome recipe - and we will keep making other recipes from Comfort Food :) So keep tuned!
2 cans White Beans (14 oz.)
1 can Tomatoes (14 oz.)
4 Pork Chops, chopped
1/2 Onion, chopped
2 Garlic Cloves, sliced
1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/2 tbsp. Paprika
3 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
3 tbsp. Worscestershire Sauce
3 tbsp. Brown Sugar
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
1. Heat an iron skillet to medium heat and add the olive oil, paprika and a bit of thyme.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF/200ºC.
3. Add the garlic cloves and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add the pork chops and onion, cook until onion is traslucent.
5. Add tomatoes and white beans.
6. Add balsamic vinegar, Worscestershire sauce and 2 tbsp. brown sugar.
7. Transfer to the oven and cook for around 1 hour.
8. When it's almost ready, sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar on top and cook for 5 more minutes.
9. Serve with grated cheddar cheese and fresh thyme.