We all deserve something special every once in a while - and please our guests with amazing and elaborated dinners, made with tons of love. That's why we have designed this delicious recipe that is ideal to share with family and friends, and it has a very important advantage: the only thing you really need is time! It's a very easy to make recipe and you can be sure it will be 100% delicious, it doesn't require many ingredients, and you don't have to be Master Chef Level!
Just give the heat the time it needs to cook the lamb and melt all the flavours. Try this amazing roasted lamb and smashed potatoes recipe and let us know what you think!
1 Lamb leg (3 kg.)
Plenty olive oil
For the smashed potatoes:
10 potatoes, peeled
3/4 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
1/4 cup Milk
1 tbsp. Butter
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180º/350ºF.
2. Cover a baking tray with foil.
3. Rub the lamb leg with a lot of olive oil and sea salt.
4. Bake for 3-4 hours, or until very brown and golden - the meat will separate from the bones.
5. Boil water in a big pot and cook potatoes for 15-20 minutes, or until soft.
6. Smash them with a fork and add the cheddar cheese, milk, butter, salt and pepper.
7. Separate the lamb meat from the bones and cut the skin in chunks.
8. Add 2 cups of the boiling water (in which you cooked the potatoes) to the tray to remove all the grease of the lamb and mix well. You can use this liquid as gravy for the lamb and smashed potatoes.